Digital assistants, and how to build your own RasPi Alexa with voice activation.
Amazon Echo $179.99
"- Better for Amazon Services
- Speaker, omnidirectional
- Better as assistant, supports more services
- Smart home controls
- Streaming (for Amazon services, Spotify, Amazon Music, Audible, etc.)"
Google Home $129.99
"- Better for Google Services
- Works with Keep / Express
- Answering questions
- Streaming (for Google services, Play Music, Youtube, etc.)
- Control multiroom system with Chromecast Audio"
- Raspberry Pi (Model 3 or Model 2)
- Micro USB cable, and power adapter
- 8 GB or larger Micro SD
- USB Mic
- Keyboard and Mouse
Link to site - https://developer.amazon.com/
- Allowed Origins https://localhost:3000
- Allowed Return URL's https://localhost:3000/authresponse
git clone https://github.com/alexa/alexa-avs-sample-app.git
Fill in the fields with the information from your Developer account
hit CTRL X to save
Run Alexa Service
cd companionService && npm start
Run Sample App to Confirm Account
cd javaclient && mvn exec:exec
Start Wake Word
cd wakeWordAgent/src && ./wakeWordAgent -e kitt_ai
Custom Wake Word
Hosts: Fr. Robert Ballecer, SJ and Bryan Burnett
Connect with us!
Don't forget to check out our large library of projects at https://twit.tv/shows/know-how
.Join our Google+ Community
.Tweet at us at @PadreSJ
, and @Anelf3
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.