The dust has settled and Coach Chad, Jonathan, and Nate chop up Singletrack 6. In the final episode in this series, the guys discuss their experiences and analyze how their preparation stacked up against such a challenging event.
Topics covered in this episode:
- How to travel to a race on a budget
- The effects of a concussion
- How to recover from a concussion
- Ideal bike setups for cross country racing
- What is the best bike for technical XC racing
- How to decide between a hardtail or full suspension MTB
- What your pace has to do with cramping
- How to ramp TSS for a stage race
- Marginal gains for Hydration Packs
- Does heat training pay off?
- Daily pacing for a stage race
- The logistics of a stage race
- Tire choices for the interior of BC
- Should you use a hydration pack for XC racing?
- Marginal recovery gains during a stage race
- How to recover from a stage race
- How MTB recovery differs from road recovery