This week on the ETP podcast it is all about the benefits of staying uninjured in the gym and what to do if you are a little banged up.
Also, what does a day in the life of a physical therapist look like? Plus, what are some key points on staying Un-injured in the gym?
Dr Mike T interviews Dr Quinn Henoch who is the head of sports rehabilitation for Juggernaut HQ and has a Doctorate of Physical Therapy from the University of Indianapolis.
Listen in as we discuss:
• What is benefit of physical therapy and massage therapy at the gym? (2:56)
• Day in the life of PT (physical therapist) (5:49)
• Common preventable gym injuries & how to prevent them (9:12)
• Asymmetrical Intervention (17:20)
• Biomechanics of lifting – Postural Restoration helpful? (20:50)
• Wrist issues (29:02)
• Risk factors with hypermobility & explosiveness (33:00)
• Bio, Psycho, Social factors (36:35)
• Balance of training (40:02)
• Language used in queuing; language matters (41:06)
• Placebo vs. Nocebo (43:30)
• Stop doing stupid stuff that hurts (44:53)
• The day we don’t need PT (48:06)
• Where to find Dr. Quinn