This is the first part of our From Business To Buttons special. We interview Susan Weinschenk a psychologist focusing on the intersection of brain science, behavioral psychology and design. She’s written numerous books on the subject such as 100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People, Neuro Web Design: What Makes Them Click and How To Get People to Do Stuff.
As you would expect, during the interview we talk a lot about the brain, and what we as designers, product managers, marketers etc, can learn from psychology when we’re designing experiences for customers.
We discuss topics such as:
- Three nuggets from the book 100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People
- How unconsciousness is affecting our decision-making
- The importance of designing for peripheral vision
- Why you should ask customers for stories, and the benefits of the story format
- Dopamine, and the power of anticipation
- The ethics of data mining
Show notes: https://goo.gl/5RDVrR