STRONG Life Podcast, Ep. 104!
This Episode is VERY special for me.
After 22 years, Zach reconnects with 1 of his earliest mentors!
Meet Captain Joe Mastrangelo, Navy SEAL and hard charger who has forged his mind and body by conquering one tough goal after another.
Today, Joe is running Veteran Sailing Association, a non profit to help Veterans learn to Sail, to reconnect with themselves by connecting them to nature and disconnecting them from technology.
In this episode Joe discusses Cultivating & Forging Your Mind & Body For SUCCESS, from the early years as a kid (How Parents can help) and how to do this as you get older.
Joe and I met in the Summer of 1994 when Joe was in Israel and I was an 18 year old who just finished freshman year in college.
Perhaps you read my story in The Encyclopedia of Underground Strength, on how Joe fired me up to conquer all obstacles when I was a depressed and lost 18 year old.
We trained together 6 days a week and our intensity was through the roof.
Here are some of the topics we discuss:
- How Joe developed and forged his inner fire at a young age and why this is crucial for other young kids
- Lessons for Parents on how to raise your child to be strong, tough, confident and capable.
- What to do in your older years to grow, reclaim or simply start experiencing the cultivation of your inner warrior
- Getting your hands dirty through manual labor and learning a craft with your mind and hands.
- Why was Joe's favorite week in SEAL Training, Hell Week?
- How to conquer your "life problems"?
- Why having a Purpose is critical to constantly pushing forward and growing in your life.
- How Joe came upon the idea of starting Veteran Sailing Association to help Veterans?
- Why there is power behind decompressing in life, disconnecting from technology and finding energy through nature
- The power of Mentorship: Being a Mentor / Finding a Mentor
- What a day in the life looks like on the ship with Captain Joe
- What Books Joe is reading and encourages you to read to expand your mind
- Joe's advice on Training like a Savage in your younger years vs your "older" years
This podcast brought back some awesome memories of training, motivation and conquering ALL goals with my man, Joe.
A reminder to train hard AND live hard.
A reminder to connect with nature and disconnect from all the technology.
A reminder to expand your knowledge through reading and most of all, new life experiences.
The ultimate reminder; Take care of our Vets. 9/11 was a moment that changed my mind forever about how I view our Military. I always admired our Military, but when 9/11 happened in my backyard it inspired me to help as much as possible.
Take these lessons from Captain Joe and apply to your OWN life.
Visit Veteran Sailing Association and find a way to support them.
Live The Code 365