Instrumental Celtic music is one of the driving forces of Celtic culture. Enjoy Celtic tunes from Andrew Finn Magill, Runa, Bill Troxler, Battlefield Band, Wolf & Clover, Myddle Earth, Vicki Swan, Oisin McAuley, Jed Marum, Crepuscule, Cady Finlayson and Vita Tanga, Sons of Malarkey, Susana Seivane, NUA. Shownotes at celticmusicpodcast.com/290/
Listen. Like. Share. Then download 34 Celtic MP3s for Free! Subscribe to the Celtic Music Magazine. This is our free newsletter and your guide to the latest Celtic music and podcast news. Remember to support the artists who support this podcast: buy their CDs, download their MP3s, see their shows, and drop them an email to let them know you heard them on the Irish and Celtic Music Podcast.
Today's show is brought to you by Celtic Invasion of Brittany
Standing stones are pretty awesome and inspiring to see. But imagine 3000 of them, together... and you, able to make a daily sojourn among the stones. This June, you can see the Carnac Stones up close and personal, just a 20 minute walk from where we are staying in the coastal village of Carnac in Northwest France. You have until February 15, 2017 to reserve your spot on the next Celtic Invasion Vacation. Enjoy the culture, history and legends on a timeless adventure with a small group of 6-8 invaders. Join the invasion at celticinvasion.com
* Helping you celebrate Celtic culture through music.
* 3-Hour Celtic Instrumental Show #204 and the Celtic Instrumentals #103
* TradConnect is accepting your votes for Album of the Year. I see several artists who've been featured on our podcast on that list, including: Andrew Finn Magill, Caladh Nua, Crepuscule, Innisfall, Jennifer Licko, NUA, Runa, Socks in the Frying Pan, We Banjo 3.
We have some outstanding artists on this show, and I really would love to support them for their generosity to this podcast. So do me a favor and go vote. Now I should point out that you do need to be a member of TradConnect and membership is free. But this will do wonders for our awesome musicians and our community.
* I want to send out a big thanks to the patrons of the podcast. Your generous pledge of as little as $1 per episode pays for the production of this podcast as well as my time in producing the show. You will enjoy a personal podcast feed where you can listen to the show before regular subscribers, occasional extended editions of the show, and my deepest thanks. When we hit a milestone, you get a 2-hour special. We are just $25 away from 2-hours of Scottish music. And of course, next week, we have a 2-hour retrospective coming your way. Thanks to our newest patrons: Tony, Mark Muller, Michael Bromund, Terri Stinnett-Herczeg. Become a patron today!
* I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK: What are you doing today while listening to the podcast? You can send a written comment along with a picture of what you're doing while listening, or from one of your trips to one of the Celtic nations. Call 678-CELT-POD to leave a voicemail message. That's 678-235-8763.
Here's a voicemaili from Sarah.
John Gimler in Indiana left a voicemail as well.
Voice: James from Indiana
I got a text from Dawsonville, GA. They wrote: "Listening to podcast #287 & prepping Triceratops bones"
From Neah Bay, WA: "Making Christmas cookies listening to your podcast"
Allan Marcotte emailed a Christmas picture: "I enclose a picture of the star for the top of my tree and it is special. This is the same star that topped the Christmas trees that I grew up with back in the 60's and 70's. For years my younger sister had it but did not use it. A few years back I asked for it. Well this year for Christmas, I found that she had sent it to me. Talk about a wonderful surprise and a flood of memories. I want to wish you and your family a most Merry Christmas and joyous New Year"
This Week in Celtic Music
0:43 "The Green Fields of Glentown / The Old Dudeen / McFadden's Handsome Daughter" by Andrew Finn Magill from Roots
5:37 "The Hunter Set" by Runa from Current Affairs
11:27 "Irish Wind" by Bill Troxler from 12 Degrees of Separation
16:00 "The Canongate Twitch / Steamboat To Detroit / Twenty Pounds of Gin / Break Yer Bass Drone" by Battlefield Band from The Producer's Choice
20:18 "Sí Bheag Sí Mhor" by Wolf & Clover from Single
23:39 CELTIC PODCAST NEWS
25:06 "Cliffs of Moher" by Myddle Earth from