This episode is about taking steps towards your dream. Today’s caller, Daniel, is passionate, and his enthusiasm is contagious when he talks about his music. When he deviates from his dream to take jobs just to pay the bills, he gets depressed.
[For show notes go here: Christinehassler.com/episode85]
I like to say, dreams are actually our inner psychic knowing what is to come to us. Things we feel called to, from our heart. How do we know what is coming from our hearts and what is coming from our ego? Get clear about it by reading my What’s the Difference Between Sacrifice and Compromise? Vlog post. Our head has wants; our heart has desires.
When we are not listening to our heart or we are not pursuing the things we love, a part of us may start engaging in self-sabotaging behavior. It's important to not have the soul sucked out of us. Feed your soul and do things to fulfill your creativity and your passion. Don't let anything suck the soul out of you!
Aubrey Marcus and I are facilitating a 3-day retreat in Austin, Texas over Memorial Day weekend for men and women. If you don’t know Aubrey, go back and listen to the Coaches Corner, Go For Your Win. He is a seeker who appreciates consciousness above all else. The focus of the retreat is Love: Practice Makes the Master.
● What are your dreams? Are you giving yourself permission to pursue them?
● Have other people’s doubts or comments about your dreams prevented you from listening to your own inner guidance?
● Do you have a limiting belief that you are too old, too unqualified, or too poor to go after what you want?
● If you are in pursuit of a dream, are you actively and consistently taking steps toward it?
Daniel wants to know which action steps he should take to pursue his dreams.
Daniel's Key Insights and Ahas:
● He feels pressure to get a regular job.
● He is a perfectionist.
● He doesn’t know if he is practical or irrational.
How to Get Over It and On With It:
● He should go for it 100%; get his work out there, and identify people to emulate.
● He should put together a demo reel.
● He should hustle for a year before making a decision about additional schooling.
● He should compose his personal mantra.
● What is your dream?
● Are you going after your dream? If not, why not? What is your excuse?
● What is one action step you can take to move toward it?
● Post your action step as a comment to the show notes so that I may root you on!
What’s the Difference Between Sacrifice and Compromise vlog post
Christine Hassler Podcasts
Inner Circle Membership Community
Find me on Snapchat @chrishassler
@christinhassler on Twitter
@christinehassler on Instagram
Love: Practice Makes the Master Retreat