The Irish & Celtic Music Podcast brings peace to families, or at least that's John from Oregon says in this week's Celtic Feedback. Enjoy some awesome Celtic peace making music from Poitin, Vince Conaway, Shillelagh!, Hugh Morrison, Seamus Kennedy, Derek Warfield & The Young Wolfe Tones, Drunk & Sailor, Vintage Wildflowers, Andrew McKee, Sligo Rags, Doug Folkins, Spirited Lads, Secret Sky, The Prodigals, Sisters of Murphy. Shownotes at celticmusicpodcast.com/288/
Listen. Like. Share. Then download 34 Celtic MP3s for Free! Then Subscribe to the Celtic Music Magazine. This is our free newsletter and your guide to the latest Celtic music and podcast news. Remember to support the artists who support this podcast: buy their CDs, download their MP3s, see their shows, and drop them an email to let them know you heard them on the Irish and Celtic Music Podcast.
Today's show is brought to you by Celtic Invasion Vacations
Travel will change your life. It opens your eyes to the mysterious and makes historical events come alive. In 2017, you can experience the culture, history and legends of Brittany with the next Celtic Invasion Vacation. You'll join a small group of 8-10 invaders who love Celtic music and culture like you, and who love to travel. Join the invasion at celticinvasion.com
* Helping you celebrate Celtic culture through music.
* There's just 3 days left until Christmas. Awaken your Christmas spirit in 2016 with 4 episodes of Celtic Christmas Podcast to awaken your Christmas spirit. Subscribe at celticchristmasmusic.net
* I want to send out a big thanks to the patrons of the podcast. Your generous pledge of as little as $1 per episode pays for the production of this podcast as well as my time in producing the show. You will enjoy a personal podcast feed where you can listen to the show before regular subscribers, occasional extended editions of the show, and my deepest thanks. When we hit a milestone, you get a 2-hour special.
Super special thanks to our Celtic Superstars: Derek Lineberry, Lynda MacNeil, Peter Tilghman, Steven, Bryan Brake, John Sharkey White, II, Theresa Sullivan, John Bilderback, Rian P Kegerreis, Johnny Berry, Shawn Cali Help celebrate Celtic culture through music. Become a patron today!
* A few notes about Patreon. per episode. set a max donation. if you have problems with your credit card, cancel and restart.
* Two past instrumental-only shows: Celtic Instrumentals #103 and 3-Hours of Instrumental Celtic Music #204
* I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK: What are you doing today while listening to the podcast? You can send a written comment along with a picture of what you're doing while listening, or from one of your trips to one of the Celtic nations. Call 678-CELT-POD to leave a voicemail message. That's 678-235-8763.
Please rate the show on iTunes or your favorite podcatcher.
Daniel E Bednar emailed a picture: "Your podcast is a common companion during the 90 min. commute to my banking job in downtown Tokyo. This was was one of the less crowded days on the train! Btw, I would selfishly like to suggest doing some episodes with nothing but instrumental music, no singing. They would be great for studying, another thing I do a lot of on the train! Keep up the great work, sir!"
Brian McCormick wrote in the shownotes: "thank you so much for all you do. At 74 years 11 months and reluctantly counting ?? , it is a real joy to still hear the music I grew up on"
John sent a voicemail from Oregon...
Belfast Andi sent a voicemail to say thanks
This Week in Celtic Music
0:26 "Last Beautiful Loneliness" by Poitin from Simple Pleasures
5:27 "Battle of Aughrim/Jenny Dang the Weaver" by Vince Conaway from Wanderlust
9:04 "Lish Young Buy-a-Broom" by Shillelagh! from A Turn of Fortune
12:10 "Diane Morrison/Bobby Morrison" by Hugh Morrison from Ali MacGregor's Music Collection
15:40 "The Day of the Clipper" by Seamus Kennedy from Sailing Ships and Sailing Men
19:17 "Step It Out Mary" by Derek Warfield & The Young Wolfetones from Let Ye All Be Irish Tonight
23:25CELTIC PODCAST NEWS
25:22 "Pint or So" by Drunk & Sailor from Doing What We Do
28:30 "Chattering Magpies Set" by Vintage Wildflowers from Lovely Madness
32:35 "One and Twenty" by Andrew McKee from The Irish Bard
34:16 "South Australia" by Sligo Rags from Rolling Me Down the Mountain
38:18 CELTIC FEEDBACK