A battle between brothers is playing out on the pop charts, a sibling rivalry the likes of which the music industry hasn't seen since 1987, when Michael and Janet Jackson's 1987 "Bad" and "Let's Wait Awhile" jockeyed for peak position on the Hot 100. Today, Nick, the youngest of the Jonas Brothers, looks for redemption from their boy band past in the moody, adult love song "Close" ft. Tove Lo, while middle brother Joe and his band DNCE use the explosive, retro "Cake By the Ocean" to replace a squeaky-clean look with a profane party anthem.
Tune in to learn how these two songs, sounding so different on the surface, have something very surprising in common. Then, stick around for a deep dive through the wonders of the Jonas back catalog, along with a detour to the life and music of another troubled child prodigy named Wolfgang, that will leave you thinking of the frère Jonas in a whole new light.
- Nick Jonas - Close
- DNCE - Cake By The Ocean
- Beach Boys - Misirlou
- Jonas Brothers - Mandy
- Jonas Brothers - Burnin’ Up
- Demi Lovato - La La Land
- Mozart - Laureate Dominum
- Mozart - Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
- Mozart - Batiene Und Bastienne
- Mozart - Bona Nox! bist a rechts Ox, K. 561
- Jonas Brothers - Bounce
- Mozart - Requiem in D minor K626: I Requiem - Nikolaus Harnoncourt
- Mozart - Le nozze di Figaro, K. 492: Overture: Wiener Philharmoniker